Simple Paper Mask, Art PlaygroupPosted: July 10, 2012 | Author: Jena | Filed under: Artsy Fartsy, Community, Cut and Paste, Drawing, Imagination, Outside, Paint | 1 Comment »
Art Playgroup + Paper Masks = Perfect.
colored pencil to mark the outline of the mask
ribbon, string or yard to tie on mask
art materials to decorate the mask
1. You can lay out stencil for mask with paper to have kids trace
or have kids draw their own stencil of a mask
or, trace or draw the shape on the paper beforehand.
2. Have the kids try to cut out the mask.
3. Decorate the mask with art materials. We used metallic paint and markers.
4. Punch holes
5. Size the child’s head and tie on ribbon, string or yarn to fit
If you don’t want to gather the materials for this project on your own, buy the super hero package kit from Kiwi Crate.
This special gift crate includes all the materials and instructions for 3 themed projects:
1) design and create a cape;
2) create a special flying ball for a game of comet catch;
3) create a space hero mask.